The Structure of the Program
UNDERGRADUATE COURSES 2021-22
The departmental curriculum promotes an interdisciplinary approach to the study of social and political phenomena, the courses offered allowing both a regional focus (primarily Europe and the Balkans) as well as encouraging the in-depth exploration of contemporary problems in an increasingly globalized world.
Apart from a limited number of compulsory ─core─ courses offered in the 1st and 2nd year of studies, the curriculum provides students with a large number of electives (primarily in the 3rd and 4th years), allowing them to construct their personal program of study in a manner that best reflects their individual interests, talents, and goals. In addition, access is given to a variety of study modules both within other Panteion departments as well as other universities in the Athens area.
- Undergraduate studies consist of eight semesters (four years) corresponding to 240 ECTS.
- Courses are taught in Greek. A small number of courses are also taught in English and French.
- All courses (both compulsory and elective) are awarded with 6 ECTS credits.
- The bachelor’s thesis is optional and is awarded with 12 ECTS credits.
- Each teaching semester includes 5 courses.
- The program can be revised each academic year depending also on teachers’ sabbatical leave.